Website Hosting: 5 Common Mistakes You Should Watch Out For
There are many of us, who set and forget about the web hosting services provided to us. The only person you who is at a disadvantage is you, as should should feel the need to carefully keep an eye on the services provided to you; and keep an eye out for other hosting services to re-evaluate your decision.
There are many users who feel that getting unlimited bandwidth, is the best deal you can score. But that is not always the case, and it is a highly common mistake you should avoid. Unfortunately, this is not the only common mistake, to help you out; we have created a list of 5 common mistakes web site owners make:
- Unlimited Bandwidth - unfortunately, the unlimited bandwidth promises to you; is not unlimited. This is the kind of time, when you need to read the find print. It is much like your “unlimited” cell phone tariff. When you read a small highlighted feature that says “unlimited bandwidth” always wonder how much “unlimited” actually is. Because when you read about it in detail, it will become clear that there is indeed a limit. Unlimited here means within reasonable use, at one point it runs out. But as most websites don't actually need unlimited bandwidth, there are many hosting companies that do not offer such services.
- Overpaying - many of us see the emphasis number, and just assume this is what you will be paying for hosting services. Sadly, that is just a ploy used by companies to reel you in. Almost all the best web hosting providers have slashed the original price, and set up a deal to attract new business. The tiny price that has been crossed out, makes you feel like you are scoring an unbelievable deal, and you should act on it; before the opportunity passes you by. Unfortunately, you are not. You will be paying the small amount along with other fees, by breaking down the cost and showing you just enough detail at that point. Once you go in deeper, they will be recommending services or adding them in to bring up your total cost. So make sure you know what the actual amount you are paying is.
- Poor Customer Service - it is always a good idea to research the company you want to buy hosting from, and read reviews from people who have used their services. Even the best vpn hosting companies at times provide you with extremely poor customer service. When browsing around you will see that dedicates servers have the option of better customer service. Best web hosting providers offer 24/7 hour services, but that does not mean the quality of the service is up to the mark. Companies who take out time to regularly train their customer services team will proudly promote it on their website.
- Site Growth - over time if your website is doing well it will grow out of its current hosting plan. This is the time when you need to upgrade your current plan. If your current hosting plan cannot withstand the amount of traffic coming in, you need to upgrade; there is no other way around it. Because visitors might stop visiting your website if they experience horrible services, that are unavailable, or slow. Many hosting websites will offer you a great deal to upgrade your hosting plan, and offer you one that is more suitable.
- Research - there cannot be enough research when picking the best web hosting services, as there are so many of them. The first thing you need to do, is list down all your requirements. This will help you get an idea of the kind of services you are looking for. Once you have, it is time to get on with researching various web hosting service providers and compare their features. Once you have decided on a service provider, it is time to research user review about their services.