- PRICE $0.99
- SCORE 94%
PROS: 1&1, is a cheap web hosting provider, and is on the cheaper end of the industry.
- Introduction - 1&1, has grown as a reputable hosting service. Ever since 2000’s, they have been well known as a cheap web hosting provider. A trusted host, that has been ranking up in the best hosting providers list. According to 1&1, they are offering their hosting services to millions of website owners worldwide. They are currently offering users a wide range of products from domain names, to website packages. They are one of the oldest web hosting providers, and are a big name in the industry. But a big name is not enough when you do not have services to show for it.
- Value - 1&1, is a cheap web hosting provider, and is on the cheaper end of the industry. Their 12 month beginning plan is just for $0.99/ per month, which is a limited plan that offers Security with SSL certificate, Unlimited webspace, unlimited websites, 20 database with 1GB on SSD, 1 free domain, 24/7 support service, 600MB RAM, and over 120 click and build website application. Their unlimited plus plan that is $4.99/ per month offers users the same things except the database is unlimited with 1GB on SSD, and the RAM space offered is 1.2GB. Then comes their third and final package for $8.99/ per month with the only difference being a 2GB RAM. So when choosing a plan keep in mind what you are getting at.
- Reliability and Security - 1&1, offers its clients a good uptime, enough to keep website owners happy, and for them to consider 1&1 as reliable. Being one of the oldest, and one of the best hosting providers it has a lot to live up to. 1&1, claim they offer their clients a 99.9% uptime, which might actually be true. It is offering its users a great security service, that can easily be relied upon. And they claim to be the company that offers the highest security.
- Support and Customer Service - Their customer service and support system are known to be one of the best. This is not the kind of service that will not answer their phone, or not get back to you via email. The usual hold time during calls is 1 to 2 minutes long.
- Features - As mentioned above 1&1 is offering its customers a wide range of widgets, and features such as Ecommerce, video uploads, Google maps, and social media integration. Most of the features offered by 1&1, are limited to its plus and premium plan, while its basic plan is only offering the most basic features. But it's fitting, keeping in mind the $0.99/ per month/, it is the perfect package for most new users, who are unsure of where they are heading towards. Other similar in size website hosting company are offer website builder platform, with templates. The website builder platform 1&1, is offering its users a not basic; and it is a simple platform that allows you to change color, text, and some basic design aspects. In order to improve your entire website, you will be required to access a host of widgets. Their basic package features:
- Security with SSL certificate - to make sure your website security is kept in check around the clock, and it is safe against hackers and malware.
- Unlimited webspace - you will be free to use webspace as you see fit, which means you can add pages, upload media, etc.
- Unlimited websites - you can add as many websites to this plan as you like.
- 20 database with 1GB on SSD - data will be stored in a solid state drive, also known as the solid state disk.
- 1 free domain - a basic feature that comes with almost every hosting plan.
- 24/7 support service - an excellent team ready to help you.
- 600MB RAM - enough to do basics, but not enough to do major or place any major widget that requires more random access memory.
- Over 120 click and build website application - will help you edit your current website and design is according to your likes and dislikes.