- PRICE $4.95
- SCORE 94%
PROS: DreamHost, is offering its most basic package for $4.95/ per month. It is very important to know what you are paying for.
- Introduction - DreamHost was developed in 1997, when 4 friends decided to help people get online. Today, the company is supporting 400’000 web designers, and its one of the best hosting providers. They also offer cloud based services for various applications, blogs, and more than one million website. Dreamhost is offering its users various services, that include website hosting, along with shared hosting platform. This was specially designed keeping in mind basic users, people who are making their way into website building. DreamHost, is a cheap web hosting provider, that is offering, a basic plan that includes unlimited bandwidth/ disk storage/ email/ and domain hosting. Apart from this, people who wish to install WordPress, can simply do so by clicking a button.
- Value - DreamHost, is offering its most basic package for $7.95/ per month. It is very important to know what you are paying for. Whereas DreamHost, offers many services that justify its monthly prices, but you need to decide if that services are what you require. Most of the features offered by DreamHost are unlimited, and that is why DreamHost is a worthy competitor.
- Reliability and Security - when talking about reliability and security it is not as strong as it used to be. This is the reason it is not one of the best web hosting providers in the world. Its lack in security, you are unable to backup or restore anything in a shared plan. You can add a SSD or SSL, but there is a monthly fee with it. The email spam protection and SSH are free with the small business shared hosting package.
- Support and Customer Service - when talking about DreamHost help and support we have heard both good and bad, but there was more positive. The DreamHost support system is based on a ticket system, rather than a phone call. The average wait time is 10 minutes, and some of the customer service representatives have good knowledge about the matters at hand. They can easily help you navigate the website, or to help you get out of a situation you are stuck in. DreamHost, lacks a telephone line, but their knowledgebase and Frequently Asked Question, are enough to solve all your basic questions. Its forum helps users interact with each other, and help each other out. These services are not as quick as phone calls, but it is a great feature for users who have time.
- Features - the most common feature seen in other website hosting providers is their web builder feature, but DreamHost is not equipped with any such feature. But that does not mean creating a website with DreamHost is difficult. You can use Joomla or Wordpress to create a website on DreamHost. Once you get used to its control panel, it is simple and easy to use. But you will not be able to customize it. But with a one click installer, you can add a layer of the template and build a website on top of that. Other basic features include:
- Unlimited 24/7 support - offer users an in house customer support team, they can be contacted using live chat, twitter, and email. Once your message has been received, it will be replied back to as soon as possible. DreamHost, believe in getting back to everyone who reaches out for help.
- Uptime - Dreamhost, suggests that their uptime is 100%, but a private test showed a 99.975% uptime during the year. Which means there will be less than 2 to 3 minutes of down time in one year.
- Money Back Guarantee - with its 97 day money back guarantee, users can easily get settled using DreamHost. This will give them a chance to really feel how it works.